Easy & intuitive estate administration.
For the sixth consecutive year, Estate-a-Base has been awarded a Canadian Lawyer Readers’ Choice Award by legal professionals across Canada who voted for their preferred practice management software.
Read more about the Canadian Lawyer survey here.
Record particulars of your various estate files, and automatically produce documents; including Ontario Superior Court of Justice forms under Rule 74, inventory of assets, proposed distribution and extensive correspondence and documentation to facilitate performance of both solicitor’s and executor’s duties.
- Includes upgrades and ongoing support from our knowledgeable and courteous staff
- Includes the Estate Information Return form
- FREE online training webinars!
- The Estate-a-Base Accounting Module included with every purchase of Estate-a-Base!
Enter data once into the estate record and Estate-a-Base will intuitively guide you through the process of recording information pertaining to the interested parties, the estate assets and the tasks to be performed. Estate-a-Base will automatically prepare the necessary forms, correspondence and documents you require.
Estate work in Ontario requires filing numerous Superior Court forms;
Estate-a-Base automates all of those under Rules 74 and 75 of the Rules of Civil Procedures. This includes upward of 70 different forms required in estate administration, including the Estate Information Return form, all of which are updated in the event that a change occurs.
Not only does Estate-a-Base manage files and produce all the necessary documents, but also helps track the progress of tasks to be completed. This process is ideal in estate law, where the required work can branch off in many different directions. The Estate-a-Base Accounting Module is also included when you purchase the estate administration software to track all financial transactions pertaining to an estate.
ERAssure® Executor Insurance
Protect yourself by protecting your executor clients: The legal climate is changing in Canada, putting your executor clients at a greater threat of being sued. In this new era of risk for executors, it is essential to put ERAssure® Executor Insurance between your client and your professional E&O coverage – on every estate. ERAssure also issues Estate Administration Bonds as part of their product offering.
Please visit www.ERAssure.com or call us at 1-855-636-3777 for more information.
NoticeConnect is a simple, cost effective and court-approved platform for publishing and accessing legal notices online. The platform is trusted by lawyers, trustees, banks, and government to reduce both legal liability as well as estate trustee liability. In 2017, the Superior Court confirmed that publishing a notice to creditors on NoticeConnect entitles an estate trustee to the liability protection afforded the Trustee Act. The NoticeConnect integration within Estate-a-Base makes it even easier to post that notice that you might have thought twice about posting in the past.
You can visit www.noticeconnect.com or call 1.866.577.8509 to learn more about their services
New Subscription Pricing:
Prices starting as low as $30/month
- FREE Upgrades and Ongoing Enhancements
- FREE Telephone Support
- FREE Partner Integrations
- Use of the Estate-a-base Accounting Module included
- FREE Training
- Unlimited workstations and users
We will provide support for all DoProcess applications running on Microsoft Windows® 8.1 and 10.
Please note that our support depends on the support provided by Microsoft, as described in this Microsoft communication.
We will provide support for Microsoft® Word 2016 and 2019.
Once your forms have been processed, you will be contacted by a Customer Support Agent who will set up a time to assist you with the installation of the software. Installation and set-up normally takes about 30 minutes (more if there are numerous workstations).
A Customer Support Agent will assist you with the installation of the software. A technician may be needed to set up your own network configuration, if it has not already been done.
Along with the operating and word processing systems mentioned in questions 1 and 2, the following is recommended:
Desktop / Server Process
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer 11
- Adobe PDF Viewer Version 11 & DC
Graphic Card & Monitor
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024x768
Memory and Hard Drive Space
- 500 MB hard disk space
- 512 MB RAM
- 1 GH processor
Server Requirements for Network Installations:
- Microsoft Server Operating System 2008 or 2012
- 2 GB RAM
- 1 GH processor
- 2 GB hard disk space
Internet Connection Speed
- DSL, ADSL, Cable, Satellite or Wireless Broadband with minimum Downstream speed of 2.0 Mbit/s (256 KB/s) and minimum Upstream speed: 0.5 Mbit/s (64 KB/s)
- VLAN/VPN/Remote recommended minimum Downstream speed of 5.0 Mbit/s (640 KB/s) and minimum Upstream speed: 3 Mbit/s (348 KB/s)
A new install requires approximately 500 MB of disk space. Each record created will take up, on average about 100-300KB of space. Click here for more information on our technical requirements.
Our fax number is 416-322-6106 or 1-866-881-4268
Firms using DoProcess products use a credit card to cover all charges for The Conveyancer, convey.ca, Fast Company, Estate-a-Base and Will Builder. We accept VISA® and MasterCard®.
All new transaction records are quickly and securely processed.
Credit Card Payment Method
- Credit cards are set up in the Secure Payment Manager, which ensures secure management of your firm’s credit card information.
- You may enter multiple cards into the Secure Payment Manager.
- Assign a credit card to each Do Process application. To allow greater flexibility, a different credit card may be assigned to each application.
- Purchase transaction credits for The Conveyancer in advance.
- During initial installation of The Conveyancer, a Customer Service Representative will show you where to set up and assign credit cards.
Estate-a-Base is a great program and very easy to use. Just as important, your staff have been terrific: responsive both to troubles at this end and to suggestions made. Kudos and thanks to all of you.
Tatham, Pearson & Malcolm LLP